Saturday, December 8, 2012

Whisky Festival 2012 in Tokyo

On December 2nd 2012, I attended the Whisky Festival 2012 in Tokyo with my beer and whisky friends Tom and Steve. This event is organized by the Scotch Whisky Research Center. It was a chilly but nice and sunny day. I met up with my friends outside Kinshicho station before the festival opened at 11am. There were many interesting things to try and we wasted no time in doing that. Some of the companies that had booths on the day included MHD Japan, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau Japan, Suntory, Nikka (Asahi), Berry Borther's and Rudd, and retailers Liquors Hasegawa and Shinanoya. We tried many of the whisky they had on offer at nearly all of the booths. I was particularly interested in trying out Shinanoya's bottling of Karuizawa 31 to commemorate the 5th anniversary of their Shinanoya Private Cask range. I was practically first in line when they started handing out samples at 12pm sharp. It was an excellent whisky which showcased its long maturation with a heavenly aroma and sublime flavor. I also got to try Shinanoya's special bottling of Ichiro's Malt Hanyu 12 which was also a treat. Of course we couldn't leave without sampling some Suntory Yamazaki 18 and a few card series from Ichiro's Malts.


Whisky enthusiasts everywhere!

Special Bottling for order at the Shinanoya booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment